You are here:  Home  >  Show News  >  Shark Tank Season 3  >  Current Article

Season 3 of Shark Tank Premieres with High Ratings, Trends on Twitter

By   /   January 21, 2012  /   11 Comments

Apparent to many of the viewers tweeting during the premiere of Season 3 of Shark Tank, more people than ever before were tweeting #SharkTank in their comments on Twitter. This was more than just a hunch, as in the 8:00 hour (Eastern Time Zone), the #SharkTank hashtag became a trending topic nationwide for the first time. By my unofficial count, between 5,000-10,000 tweets containing the hashtag were sent over that hour. InTheSharkTank’s twitter account, SharkTankABC, jumped nearly 500 followers in a single day yesterday, which also set a record for us.

Speaking of records, Season 3 of Shark Tank broke a few, winning its time slot for the coveted 18-49 demographic, according to Zap2It’s Jean Bentley. 6.2 million total viewers tuned in to see Daymond, Mark, Kevin, Barbara and Robert get into a feeding frenzy over several pitches. It was an awesome all-around episode, and a great start to Season 3 of Shark Tank.

If this is your first time visiting InTheSharkTank, please have a look around, we’ve got information on what to do if you’re thinking about applying to appear on Shark Tank next season, articles about previous episodes of the show, and even a new directory of past show contestants.

We couldn’t be more excited about Season 3 of Shark Tank, and the outpouring of fan/viewer commentary. What did YOU think of last night’s episode? Please leave a comment below.

Welcome aboard, Shark Tank fans old and new!

1. Allan says:

Finally, people are tuning into the smartest show on TV!

2. Liz says:

Fascinating show. I love it! What is up between Mark and Robert?

3. david kilner says:

You wonder how much is scripted because normally reall business people keep their feelings close to the vest and that was not happening between Robert and Mark. And really fighting over a guy with a two opening water bottle. That is the best invention that they can come up with. My new product is better than that a million times over. E-mail me at kilner at hotmail.com to find out what mine is.

4. Jim Pittman says:

See my pitch to the sharks sometime in March; “AirBedz” The Original Truck Bed Air Mattress

5. Janet Leach says:

Great Show! It was my first time to see it. I have a product that I want to
    market. Everyone advised me to watch Shark Tank. I have received a Registered Trademark. I have made prototypes.
    It will be the next BIG THING in the Party Industry. Can you apply
    for Shark Tank if you have not marketed your idea yet? How do you apply for next season?

@David – The show is actually completely unscripted, which makes the first episode even more impressive. It’s a real rivalry between Daymond and Robert. After seeing some of the filming of this season, I can say with confidence that the Sharks are all excellent, down-to-earth individuals, but they’re on the show to make $ however they each best see fit.

I was as surprised as anyone when that move was move last Friday, but I 100% guarantee it wasn’t planned or scripted in any way.

It’s part of what makes this show so fun to watch and comment on

Glad you all are here, looking forward to this Friday

7. Jan says:

I was appalled at the sharks tonight. I am done watching this show!!!!! A man comes to the sharks and wants to make an american made by the people of the great USA and they would give support because he refused to mke the product in a different company. The USA has how many people out of work?? Go to the store and look at the products, most of them are not american made. It is time for us to take a look in our own back yard and take care of us, not another country!! Keep the jobs here!!!

8. charlie says:

I AGREE WITH JAN!!! THE SHARKS PROVED THEY WOULD SELL THEIR MOTHERS OR DAUGHTERS INTO PROSTITUTION JUST TO MAKE A BUCK!! I HAVE WATCHED MOST OF THE SHOWS FROM EARLIER SEASONS BUT LAST FRIDAY’S SHOW WAS THE LASTSHOW I WILL EVER WATCH.PERHAPS THEY SHOULD BE TRIED AS TERRORISTS UNDER BUSH’S PATRIOT ACT..
    THE END

9. Nancy Tamul says:

I already made a comment about these people with millions to spare who would not help the North Carolina man invest in himself, his community, and his country. He insisted that his product be made in AMERICA! Then I find out both Robert and O’Leary are Canadiens!!! Why are they hiding it? I said that I admired Robert’s Father for And lastly, I have to address the “gallactically stupid” $25,000 investment made for a guy who draws STICK cats. And yet, Cuban couldn’t help this hard working admirable man with a real business and unrelenting in his support for AMERICA!!! I used to enjoy this program, but now I won’t be watching it and I want the network to know why. I am sickened by it.

10. Nancy Tamul says:

Sorry for the error in not completing the sentence that I admired Robert’s father for coming to this country legally and working. But, alas, he didn’t come to this country. He went to canada. No problem, but let’s step up and be honest!!

11. mary says:

I love the show but the bald older guy (I forgot his name) is very rude and cold sometimes. He should be more polite!