Based on early ratings results, Friday’s (9/14) season premiere of Shark Tank delivered one of its largest audiences to date, handily beating the other network offerings on its way to helping ABC win the night. While obviously impressive, as a long-time fan and viewer of the program I’m not the least bit surprised at the show’s success. Entrepreneurship is alive and well in America, and Shark Tank is a proven and viable option for any entrepreneur or business owner looking for an investment. Also, it’s pretty darn fun to watch.
The show itself is also at the forefront of innovation, with the Sharks engaging fans from around the world by tweeting in real-time in multiple time zones as the show aired. The #SharkTank hashtag went viral on social media during the premiere, trending nationally in the United States during the 8/7 CT hour. @SharkTankABC was very active throughout the evening and gained over 1,000 followers in a single day for the first time. Overall it was an incredible experience, and made watching the premiere even more fun, which is always the goal.
I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the remaining 21 episodes of Shark Tank’s brand new season! For more information, please see below.
A few additional “Shark Tank facts” from Friday’s premiere:
- Friday was Robert Herjavec’s birthday
- Half of Season 4′s 22 episodes will air this Fall, with the other half airing early next year
- The Sharks invest over $10 Million in Season 4
- 30,000 people applied to appear on Season 4 of the show
- Both Barbara and Lori are full-time Sharks and will be trading off episode to episode
- Lori’s first appearance on Season 4 will be on Oct. 5
- Shark Tank is up for an Emmy award this weekend
As far as investments, Barbara Corcoran has taken an early lead, investing in both Buggy Beds – Early Detection System for Bed Buds along with all the other Sharks and the BevBuckle – Beer Belt Buckle. Congrats to her and all of the entrepreneurs from the premiere!